ReadSpeaker products are text-to-speech products that go beyond providing the oral presentation of the material. They also provide highlighting of the words/sentences, page masking, a reading ruler, aid in proofing papers, ability to enlarge text, change fonts to Open Dyslexic font, change background/text colors, and more. ReadSpeaker audio can be listened to on or offline.
The ReadSpeaker products include:
- docReader – Read documents within the Content tool of TCU Online
- webReader – Read HTML Content, Assignment instructions, Quizzes, and Discussions in TCU Online,
- TextAid – Read course material (announcements, discussions, quizzes, etc) outside of Content with ReadSpeaker TextAid. This tool can be accessed within a course by clicking the More Tools menu on the nav bar, then selecting TextAid. Users may also use the tool for non-TCU websites, as long as they first access the tool from TCU Online.
When reading content in TCU Online, ReadSpeaker will:
- Use the TCU Online language settings to detect language; can read in different languages
- Automatically and instantly reflect in the audio any changes when an instructor makes changes to course content.
What are the benefits of using ReadSpeaker?
- Improve word recognition skills and vocabulary
- Improve reading comprehension, fluency, accuracy, and concentration
- Improve information recall and learning/memory enhancement
- Increase motivation and more positive attitude with regard to reading
- Increase reading self-confidence and perceived performance
ReadSpeaker Resources for All Users
Learn to use:
- ReadSpeaker docReader
- ReadSpeaker webReader
- ReadSpeaker TextAid