What is TCU Online?
Brightspace by D2L, referred to as TCU Online, is TCU’s current online learning management system. In TCU Online, instructors are able to:
- Post syllabi and announcements
- Share accessible course content
- Give quizzes and exams
- Conduct and grade online discussions
- Accept and grade assignments (and verify assignments with Turnitin)
- Email students
- Maintain a grade book
- And more!
Courses are automatically created in TCU Online when a faculty member is officially assigned to a course in TCU’s Class Search. TCU Online will continue to update as faculty are assigned to new courses through the Registrar’s office. Please note, although TCU Online updates frequently, it may take up to 24 hours to reflect recent changes made by the Registrar.
By default, course shells created in TCU Online are inactive unless the instructor chooses to activate and use the course shell. Using TCU Online is optional for face-to-face classes.
Learn more about TCU Online
- Overview & Demo (coming soon)
- Navigating TCU Online (coming soon)
- Course Shell FAQ
- Platform requirements
Log in to TCU Online
Users must have an active TCU Online account in order to access TCU Online. As a new faculty member, an account will be created once you have completed the following:
- Have all your hiring paperwork completed through the hiring process.
- Have a TCU network account.
- Be officially assigned to a course listed on TCU’s class search.
Once you have an active TCU Online account, you can:
A Semester Launch Checklist is available for instructors which provides resources and steps to work through when preparing a course shell for a new semester.
- Request to Share/Combine Shells
- Request to Enroll Additional Users
- Request Blank Master Courses or Sandboxes
- Special Class Setup Request
Account Settings and Preferences
- Accessibility in TCU Online
- Review the Take Advantage of TCU Online’s Accessibility Options for suggestions.