Quizzes: Special Access
Grant Special Access for Quizzes
This option will allow instructors to set alternative access dates, extended time, or allow additional quiz attempts for individual users. Common uses for this is for accessibility accommodations, athletes traveling during scheduled quizzes, students who are ill or have an excused absence, etc.
- Within your course in TCU Online, on the navigation bar click Activities, then select Quizzes.
- Select the Quiz that you want to grant additional time or quiz attempts.
- In the Restrictions tab, under Special Access, select the Allow selected users special access to a quiz radio button.
- Then click the Add Users to Special Access button.
- On the Special Access Properties page, first set the Availability (start and end dates/times), if different than the dates for the rest of the students.
- Under Timing, select either No Changes (to grant the same amount of time as the rest of the class), no enforced time limit, or enforced time limit to set a different time allowed for the quiz (use this if a student needs 30 extra minutes for example).
- If you select Enforced Time Limit, you will be able to designate the time limit, assign an alternative grace period, and late behavior.
- Under Attempts, if you wish to allow additional quiz attempts, check the box to Override attempts allowed then select the number of attempts allowed. Click Apply.
- In the Users area, check the box for the student(s) that you want to add special access as set in the steps above.
- Click Add Special Access.
- Then in Quiz Settings click Save and Close.