Intelligent Agents: Create an Agent
Use Agents to automate feedback from Class Progress tool
If you are reviewing class progress from within the Class Progress tool, you can select “Use agents to automate feedback” to go directly to the Intelligent Agents tool. From there you can start with step 3 below.
Create an Agent directly from the Intelligent Agents tool
Note: Intelligent agents re-evaluate the status of release conditions at the moment of triggering to determine whether a user has completed a particular release condition or not.
- On a course navbar, click Course Admin.
- Click Intelligent Agents.
- On the Agent List page, click New.
- On the New Agent page, enter a name.
- Expand the Edit Description label and enter a description.
- If you want the agent to be active, select the Agent is enabled check box.
- Under Criteria > Role in Classlist, do one of the following:
- If you want the intelligent agent to be applicable to all roles in the Classlist, select the All users visible in the Classlist check box.
- If you want the intelligent agent to be applicable to select roles, select the Users with specific roles check box and select the respective roles.
- If you want your agent to target users’ login habits, under Criteria > Login Activity, enter your criteria.
- If you want your agent to target users’ course habits, under Criteria > Course Activity, enter your criteria.
- If you want your agent to run when a specific existing condition has been met, under Criteria > Release Conditions, click Attach Existing. Select the check box for any condition you want to attach and click Attach.
- If you want your agent to run when a specific new condition has been met, under Criteria > Release Conditions, click Create and Attach. Select a Condition Type from the drop-down list. Complete any additional Condition Details that appear and click Create.
- Under Actions > Repetition, select how often you want the agent to take action.
- If you want the agent to send an email when the set criteria are satisfied, under Actions > Send an Email, select the Send an email when the criteria are satisfied check box and enter your email details. Note: for emails, you can include Replace strings to allow for a personalized message. You can also add an attachment.
- If you have enabled the Use Agent Enrollment Actions permission, you can set your agent to perform an enrollment or unenrollment action.
- Under Change User Enrollments, select the Change user enrollments when the criteria are satisfied check box.
- From the Enrollment Action drop-down list, select the action you want your agent to perform and select the course.
- From the Role drop-down list, select the role you want this enrollment / unenrollment action to be performed on.
- If you want to schedule how frequently Brightspace Learning Environment evaluates the agent criteria, under Scheduling, select the Use Schedule check box. Click Update Schedule and set your scheduling details.
Note: Scheduled intelligent agents stop running and are automatically disabled if the course is inactive, over (end date passed), or deleted. You can still set up a practice run or a manual run of an intelligent agent at any time in a course with a passed end date.
- Click Save and Close.