Create a Rubric
You can create holistic and analytic rubrics to use in your course. Follow the steps below to get started creating your rubric. Once you select the Rubric type, select the link to complete the steps for creating either an analytic or holistic rubric.
- On the nav bar, click the Activities menu, then select Rubrics.
- On the Rubrics page, click New Rubric.
- Click on the Properties tab.
- Give the rubric a name.
- Set the rubric status from the Status drop-down menu. There are three rubric status types:
- Draft status is the default initial status of a rubric. Draft rubrics are not available to associate with activities or grade items. Note: It is recommended that you keep your rubric status set to “Draft” until you have completely finished setting it up.
- Published rubrics are available for associations with activities or grade items. Once a rubric has an association, you cannot change the rubric’s name, description, levels, and criteria.
- Archived rubrics do not appear in default search results and are not available for new associations. Existing associations with archived rubrics remain functional.
- Give the rubric a description if desired.
- Choose which type of rubric you wish to create. A rubric can be holistic or analytic, depending on the requirements for assessment. For more information, see Types of Rubrics. Select the links below to complete your rubric creation: