Restrict Content to One Section in a Combined Course
By default all content is visible to all enrolled users in the course. As a reminder, you must create a module before you can add content topics.
The steps below will set restrictions on a content topic, making the content visible only to a specific section in a combined course. These steps assume you have already created content within a module in our course.
- On the nav bar in your course, click Content.
- Within the Table of Contents on the left side of the page, click the module title containing the content for which you want to add restrictions. In this example, Week 1 Module is selected.
- Click the context menu to the right of the content topic title, then select Edit Properties In-place.
- Click Add Dates and Restrictions.
- Under Release Conditions, click the Create button.
- In the pop-up window that opens, select the condition type Section Enrollment.
- Define the condition details by selecting the section for which you wish to restrict the module.
- Click Create to save your choices and close the pop-up window.
- These steps can be repeated to select different condition types if desired. If multiple conditions are used, we recommend selecting that students must meet all conditions in order to see the content. Example: You can release the content only to users in section 010, who have also submitted their Paper #1.
- The release condition(s) you create will display within the module properties. Click Update to apply the restrictions.
- Now, when viewing the content within a module as an instructor, the release conditions you set will display under the content title.