HTML Templates for Accessibility and Cohesive Content Design
Use HTML templates when you Create a File in your course to develop a cohesive look & feel in your course content, and also provide an Accessibility-friendly experience for all users. Note: The Accessibility Checker may alert you of contrast issues for your table headers while using some templates. This is a bug with the checker. Simply click ignore if the error comes up when checking accessibly while using the templates for a table header.
Apply an HTML template to a new document
- We recommend that you first pick your favorite template design from the table below. Once you decide on your favorite, go to your course and select Content from the Navigation bar.
- To make it easier to select templates from your preferred style group (purple notebook, for example), it’s best to set the folder for that template set. Otherwise, you will have to scroll through the entire list of templates each time.
- Select Table of Contents, then click the Settings link.
- Make sure the checkbox for “Enable HTML Templates” is checked, then click “Change Path.”
- The default path is HTML Templates. Select the + sign next to HTML Templates to open the folder.
- Click on the design folder you selected from step 1. For example, Black Bar.
- Then click Select Path.
- Click Save.
- Select a module, click Create a File from the Upload/Create button.
- One of two options will be available:
- Select a Document Template from the drop-down listif you have a defined template directory.
- Click Browse for a Template if you do not have a defined template directory. You can search for templates located in other folders or on your computer.
- Once you have selected a template, customize it according to your needs and click Publish or Save as Draft.
Preview All Templates
Select any of the template previews below to open a new page displaying all of the template options of that style.
Geo Purple Templates
Purple Notebook Templates
Blue Notebook Templates
Black Teal Lines Templates
Brown Green Notebook Templates
Black Bar Templates
Black Grey Lines Templates
Gold Black Bar Templates
Lt Blue Rust Notebook Templates
Navy Bar Templates
Blue Lines Templates
Teal Black Bar Templates
Orange Brown Lines Templates
Teal Grey On White Templates
Teal Light Blue Bar Templates