Create Likert Questions
Create Likert (LIK) questions to measure subjective information such as personal opinions, knowledge, abilities, and attitudes. Likert questions enable you to create surveys that evaluate the intensity of respondents’ feelings towards statements presented to them.
There are seven measurement scales available to Likert questions:
- One to Five (1 to 5)
- One to Eight (1 to 8)
- Agreement Scale (Disagree–Agree)
- Satisfaction Scale (Dissatisfied–Satisfied)
- Frequency Scale (Never–Always)
- Importance Scale (Unimportant–Important)
- Opposition Scale (Oppose–Support)
You can only access Likert questions through the Surveys tool and Question Library. Similar to self assessments, all question types you import into surveys automatically omit point value and difficulty level indicators.
- On the nav bar, select the Activities menu, then click either Quizzes, Surveys, or Self Assessments. In the example below, we selected Quizzes.
- From the tool navigation, click Question Library.
- Select New.
- Select the question type: Likert Question (LIK).
- In the General area, enter your Likert question details including:
- Optional: Title Note: We recommend leaving the Title field blank. The Question Text will become the title by default, allowing you to see the question without having to click to open it.
- Introductory Text
- Optional – Insert an Image and Image description.
- In the Questions area, do the following:
- Select a measurement Scale.
- Select Include an N/A option to include a “Not Applicable” response option in your scale.
- Enter a statement in each Value field. You can click Add Option and select the number of additional statements you want to include.
- To delete a statement, click the corresponding Remove Entry trash can icon.
- Provide comments and suggestions in the Question Feedback field.
- Optional: Add Question Feedback. Learn about Quiz Question Feedback.
- Click Preview to view your question.
- Click Save to return to the main page, click Save and Copy to save and create another LIK question that retains the copied properties, or click Save and New to continue creating new LIK questions.