Create an Announcements Item
To create an Announcements item:
- From the Announcements widget menu, click the dropdown arrow and select New Announcement from the list displayed.
- Enter a Headline and Content for your Announcement.
- If you want to hide your headline’s date and time, clear the Always show start date check box. By default, an Announcement item’s start date and time appear below the headline when displayed in the Announcements widget.
- In the Start Date and End Date fields, select the dates that you want the announcement to be available. Announcements publish immediately, unless you specify an alternate start date. Note: Post-dated Announcements items do not display in the Announcements widget even if users have permission to see future Announcements items. They can be found within the list of Announcements items on the Announcements page.
- You can remove an Announcements item on a specific date by selecting the Remove Announcement based on end date check box. You and administrators can still see the Announcements item after its end date, but it does not appear in the Announcements widget.
- In the Attachments section, add attachments, audio recordings, and video recordings as part of your Announcements item.
- To include Additional Release Conditions, click Attach Existing or Create and Attach.
- To save and continue editing the Announcement item later, click Save as Draft. Students cannot see draft Announcement items. To release an Announcement item to users, click Publish.