Create a Widget-Based Course Homepage
Widget-based homepages display a standard course homepage that contains various widgets. After you create the homepage, you can add or remove widgets, customize their appearance, and create custom widgets to expand the functionality of your course homepage.
- On the nav bar, click the Course Admin.
- Select Homepages from the Tools list.
- Click Create Homepage.
- Enter a name and description for your homepage.
- In the Type drop-down list, select Widget-based.
- To add a header to your homepage below the navbar, select Include homepage header.
- Enter the replace string of the information that you want it to display. Replace strings are placeholders that refer to information in TCU Online; the system replaces these placeholders with the corresponding information when you apply them to a homepage header.
- To choose a layout for a widget-based homepage, click Change Layout.
- To add widgets to your homepage, click Add Widgets.
- Style your added widgets by adjusting their properties.
- Click Save and Close.