Associate a Quiz with a Grade Item
The instructions below assume that you have already created a Grade Item in the Grades tool and a Quiz in the Quizzes tool. If you have not done this, please follow the documentation for Create a Grade Item first then Create a Quiz.
- On the nav bar, select the Activities menu, then click Quizzes.
- From the Manage Quizzes tab, we can see several Quizzes have already been created. Click on the context menu next to the Quiz you wish to associate and select Edit.
- Within the Assessment tab, select the Grade Item from the drop-down list. Note: While it is possible to create a New Grade Item here within the quiz, it is not possible to create a Grade Category. Grade Categories must be set up in the Grades tool.
- Ensure that the Quiz Name and Grade Item correspond with what is listed in your syllabus and the grade item in the Grades tool.Once the Grade Item is selected, check Allow attempt to be set as graded immediately upon completion if the quiz contains questions that you wish to be automatically graded (True/False, Multiple Choice, Multiple Select, etc.).
Select Allow automatic export to grades if you wish to have the scores of the automatically graded questions exported to the Grades tool. Note: If your quiz contains non auto-graded questions (ex. Written Response Questions), then these questions will not be auto-graded and will contribute 0 points to the overall score. You will have to manually grade these questions and then publish or republish the grades to include these points in the overall score.
- Click Save and Close.
- Repeat the steps above for any quizzes that you wish to associate with grade items.
Confirm the Grade Item Association in the Grades Tool
- On the nav bar, select the Activities menu, then click Grades.
- From Manage Grades within the Grades tool, you can verify that the Grade Item has been associated with a Quiz.