Solution Spotlight: How to Grade Assignments for Hours Tracking
The steps below are for grading a discussion for hours tracking. See the Solution Spotlight: Tracking Hours for Internships, Practicum or Projects page for more information about this solution.
Steps for Grading
Instructors can either go to the Grades tool or to Assignments tool.
- From Grades: An inbox icon will appear for those who responded. A blue star is added to icon if there are unread posts.
- The Instructor would then select the icon for each student to open their grade details window. This will show the Assignment Submission folder for that student, the documents the student has attached will display on the left side of the screen (ready for download).
- The Instructor would download the attached file to review it.
- Then, on the right side of the Submission page, add a comment to the Feedback field indicating the number of hours* approved, the date and the approval file title. *Keeping a record of the number of hours each time will help in confirming the score total is accurate, for record-keeping purposes.
- Select Add File to upload the approval file. We recommend you upload be saved with Student name, Approved, quantity of hours and original submission date in file name.
- In the Score field, add the new hours earned to the final score.
- Click Publish or Update to save your changes and share the grade/responses with the student. Repeat for additional students. If you get an Overwrite pop up warning, click overwrite (this just means that your new addition to the feedback field will be saved).