Set Due Dates and Availability for an Assignment
- On the nav bar, click the Activities menu, then select Assignments.
- If you haven’t already, follow the steps to Create an Assignment.
- On the Assignments page, from the context menu of the assignment you want to set dates for, click Edit Assignment.
- The due date field is located under the Assignment title. Set Due Date by clicking anywhere in the due date field.
Then select a date from the calendar, and enter the time the assignment will be due. By default the time will be 11:59 PM.
The due date specifies a time when the assignment is expected to be completed. An assignment is flagged as late if it is submitted after the due date. Due dates are automatically added to the course calendar. Note: If a due date is set, the student is notified two days prior to this date on the Pulse app and will appear on the TCU Online calendar for students enrolled in the course and on the general course calendar.
- Optional Visibility: By default, assignments are visible to students upon creation. If you wish to hide the assignment from students completely, click the visibility toggle on the bottom of the assignment creation page. If the eyeball icon displayed, the students can see the assignment. If the eyeball icon has a line through it, the assignment is hidden from students. Note: Follow the steps in the Set Availability and Conditions section below to set start/end dates for the assignment if you wish to control student access by date
- To set start and end dates, select the title on the Availability and Conditions panel to expand these options and set your preferences.
- Start and End Dates. The start date determines when an assignment becomes available to students. The end date determines when an assignment becomes unavailable to students. Note: The End Date affects the TurnItIn settings when visiting the TurnItIn tab (We recommend setting the “End Date” and “Due Date“). If an assignment has no due date but has an end date, students will be notified two days prior to the end date via the Pulse app, and will appear on the TCU Online calendar for students enrolled in the course and on the general course calendar. To set Start and End Dates: Click in the Start or End Date fields to select a date from the calendar.
Once a date is selected, the time field will appear. By default the time will be set as 12:01 AM. Instructors can override by clicking in the time field and selecting a new time, or typing the time in the field and clicking enter/return on their keyboard.
- Click Save and Close.