Print Quiz or Quiz Key
There isn’t a built in way to print a quiz within TCU Online. The workaround below includes creating a submission view, and copy/pasting into Microsoft Word.
The easiest way to print a quiz that has been created in TCU Online is to print a submission view of the quiz. A Submission View is the page that is displayed after the Submit Quiz button is selected when taking or previewing a quiz. Among other things, the Submission View can display none or all quiz questions, the user responses, and the correct responses to the questions if desired. For the purpose of simply printing the quiz, we will set the view to show all questions without user responses.
To create the Submission View:
- On the navbar, click the Activities menu, then select Quizzes.
- On the Manage Quizzes page, from the context menu of the quiz, click Edit.
- Select the Submission Views tab.
- Select to Edit View by clicking on the Default View link.
- Scroll down to change the View Details to the following:
- Under the “Show Questions?” section select Yes.
- Select Show all questions without user responses.
- Unselect all other options.
- Select Save.
- Click Save and Close.
Now that you have created the view you can print all of the questions from the Submission View:
- Click on the context menu of the quiz you want to print and select Preview.
- Select Start Quiz!.
- Click on the Submit Quiz button.
- Click the Submit Quiz button again.
- Highlight all of the quiz questions. Click to the left of the wording Question 1. Use the vertical scroll bar to scroll down to the bottom of the page until you can see the end of the text for the last question in the Quiz. Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard. Point to and click to the right of the end of the text for the last question while still holding down the shift key on the keyboard.
- Copy the selected text. You may use whatever method you are comfortable with, use CTRL+C, Command+C, on the keyboard or right-click or command-click on the selected text and select Copy.
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Paste the copied text into Microsoft Word. You may use whatever method you are comfortable with, use CTRL+V or COMMAND+V on the keyboard or select the Paste button from the toolbar.
- Format as desired. Save, print, or send the electronic copy.
IMPORTANT: Once this is complete, remember to go back and change your submission views settings. Otherwise students will see (and have access to) all the questions when they submit their quiz: To change this back to the original settings, go back into Edit Quiz and click Submission Views. Clicked for the Default submission view (set above) and under “Show Questions?” change the Yes to No. Save changes.