Import Glossary Terms
You can create all of the glossary words for your course on your computer and import them into TCU Online all at once.
To import multiple glossary terms, you must supply a CSV (comma separated values) file containing your glossary information. Each field in this file should be separated by a comma and each row by a line break. The first field in the first row must contain the text ‘Term’ and the second field must contain the text ‘Definition’. All subsequent rows will contain the actual terms and definitions that you want to import. A sample CSV file is available on the Import Terms page.
- On the nav bar, click the More Tools menu, then select Glossary.
- On the Glossary page, click Import Terms.
- On the Import Terms page, you will see instructions for formatting a CSV file. In addition, you will also see a link to Download sample CSV file.
- Once you have created a CSV import file, click Choose File to search for your file, then click Open.
- Click Import Terms. A preview page displays, showing all the terms found in the CSV file.
- Select the check boxes beside the terms you want to import. By default, all terms are selected.
- If you want to modify the title or definition of any term before importing, you can do so directly from this page.
- Click Import Selected Terms to finish importing the terms.