HTML Editor: Video Note Tool
This is available within the HTML editor throughout TCU Online. Video duration is limited to 3 minutes.
Note: The Video Note tool works best in Chrome and Firefox browsers. To support ongoing connection to learners during these uncertain times, the Video Note configuration has been temporarily modified to support 30-minute video recording and up to 1GB file upload. This modification will remain in place until at least July 1, 2020.
- In the HTML Editor, click the Insert Stuff icon.
- Click Video Note.
- When your browser prompts you to allow camera and microphone access, click Allow.
- Click New Recording to record your video. Click Stop Recording when you finish recording.
- To preview your video note, click Play.
- If you want to re-record, click Clear. If you are satisfied with your recording, click Next.
- Enter a title, description, and captioning information for your video note.
- A description is useful to users who are unable to view the video.
- To add captioning information for accessibility purposes, first select the Audio Language and then check the box to Automatically generate captions from audio.
- Click Next. After this step your video note saves to Video Note Search. If you have permission to search and insert video notes, you can reuse this video in the future.
- You can preview the video note before you insert it.
- Click the three dots in the right corner of the video to select the default captioning status as either On or Off.
- Click Insert.