Grade an Assignment Submission (Android)
Before grading assignment submissions, ensure you synchronize Brightspace Assignment Grader with the assignments in your TCU Online course(s) to get the most up-to-date information. To do this, you can pull from top to bottom in any list view.
- Tap a course tile.
- Inside the course, tap an assignment.
- Inside the assignment, all of the student (or group) submissions display in a list. Each submission displays the date and time it was submitted and the amount of time it was late by, if applicable. To open a submission, tap it.
- To open the Evaluate panel on the right of the screen, tap it. Then do any of the following:
- To set a final score for the submission, in the Total section, enter a score.
- To use an associated rubric, in the Rubric section, tap the rubric. Select the appropriate performance level for each criterion. Set the number of points each criterion is worth, or set the Overall Score manually, by entering it in the corresponding field in the Score column. Add feedback to a specific rubric section by tapping +Feedback. If you want the score of the rubric to display in the Total section for the submission and generate text feedback from the feedback in the rubric, tap Save and Record. If you want to enter a total score and text feedback manually, tap Save.
- To give written feedback, in the Overall Feedback section, enter your feedback. Format your feedback using the options in the text box.
- To give audio feedback, tap the icon. In the dialog window, tap the red circle. Speak your feedback. When you are done recording, tap the blue square. Tap Attach Feedback to include as submission feedback.
- To give video feedback, tap the icon. In the recording view, tap the red circle. Present your feedback. To end the recording, tap the red circle again. Tap the check mark to include it as submission feedback.
- To annotate the file with feedback in context, long press the location on the submission where you want to annotate. See Annotate an Assignment Submission (Android) for more information.
- To publish the grades and feedback to TCU Online, do any of the following:
- To release just that submission’s grade and feedback to the student in TCU Online, in the individual submission view, tap Publish and then OK in the confirmation dialog box.
- To release all In Draft grades and feedback in a submission folder to students in TCU Online, navigate to the submission folders list view, tap Publish All, and then OK in the confirmation dialog box.