Create Ordering Questions in the Question Library
Ordering (ORD) questions require respondents to arrange a series of items into a correct sequence or order.
- On the nav bar, select the Activities menu, then click either Quizzes, Surveys, or Self Assessments. In the example below, we selected Quizzes.
- From the tool navigation, click Question Library.
- Select New.
- Select the question type: Ordering Question (ORD).
- In the General area, enter your ordering question details including:
- Optional: Title Note: We recommend leaving the Title field blank. The Question Text will become the title by default, allowing you to see the question without having to click to open it.
- Difficulty Level
- Question Text
- Optional: Insert an Image and Image description.
- In the Options area, do the following:
- Select your grading method. There are three possible grading options:
- Equally weighted – The total point value is divided equally among all possible correct matches. Students receive equally weighted points for each correct answer.
- All or nothing – Students receive full points for the question if they select all of the correct answers and none of the incorrect answers. Students receive zero points if they miss any correct answers or select any incorrect answers.
- Right minus wrong – Students receive points equal to the number of right answers they choose minus the number of incorrect answers they choose. To determine how much each answer is worth, the system takes the total number of points assigned to the question and divides it by the total number of answer choices. For example, if a question is worth 10 points and has 5 answer choices, each correct answer is worth 2 points, and each incorrect answer is worth – 2 points (10/5 = 2). If a user gives 3 correct answers and 2 incorrect answers, 2 is the total number of points received for the question [(3*2)+(2*-2)]. Students can receive a minimum of zero on a question; they cannot receive a negative mark.
- In each Value field, enter a choice.
- From the Correct Order drop-down list for each value, set the order of the values. The first value in the correct order should be “1”.
- Optional: To add more values, click Add Item.
- Optional: To remove values, click Remove Item (trash can icon).
- Optional: To add overall feedback for the question, select Add Feedback. Learn about Quiz Question Feedback.
- Optional: To add a hint to the question, select Add Hint. Learn about Quiz Question Hints.
- To verify your answer, click Preview.
- Click Save.