Chromebook Respondus LockDown Browser Extension
Chromebook Users can now use Respondus Lockdown Browser and Respondus Monitor by completing the installation steps below:
- Log into the Chromebook and start the Chrome browser
- Allow pop-ups for TCU Online. Go to “Settings” > “Privacy and Security” > “Site Settings” > “Pop ups and redirects”. Move the toggle switch to the right to allow pop ups.
- Login to TCU Online at https://d2l.tcu.edu or via my.tcu.edu with your TCU login credentials.
- Open the course then click the Activities menu on the nav bar, and select Quizzes.
- Click the title of the quiz that requires LockDown Browser.
- Click the link for downloading and installing LockDown Browser.
- The link will redirect you to the Chrome web store where you will select “Add to Chrome” to install the LockDown Browser Extension.
- Once the extension is installed, you may take your quiz.
To obtain technical support, or to report a bug/issue, open a support ticket at https://support.respondus.com/
Limitations and/or known issues with LockDown Browser for Chromebook:
- Quiz passwords (specified via the “optional password” field in the LockDown Browser Dashboard) aren’t currently supported for exams that use only LockDown Browser. For exams requiring Respondus Monitor, the optional password field is supported.
- LockDown Browser’s Calculator and Spreadsheet features aren’t currently supported
- The extended keyboard functions (for adding symbols and special characters) isn’t currently available
- LockDown Browser’s “Help Center” is currently unavailable
- “Allow access to specific external web domains” option is currently not supported
- Pop-ups need to be enabled in Chrome for the server otherwise the student gets stuck on the “Start Quiz” page. Please refer to this article.