Best practices for entering grades
- When creating a grade item, ensure that the Max. Points field for the item is not set to null or zero
- The Max. Points field can be found in the Grading section of the Create a new grade item page (or the edit page for existing grade items) under the Properties tab.
- When sorting grade categories and items, ensure they are sorted in the appropriate order
- The best way to ensure grade items are sorted correctly is to create the categories and items in the order that they will be marked. TCU Online automatically sorts the categories and grade items in the order that they are created.
- If you want to see the order of your grade items, from the Course Homepage, on the nav bar click Assessment, then select Grades. Then click Manage Grades.
- When creating a grade item, make sure that you are not creating duplicate entries or blank grade items in the grade book
- Blank grade items often occur as a result of a grade item unintentionally being published instead of being saved as a draft. Blank grade items often do not have a name or are oddly named, and they usually do not have an association.
- Duplicate grade items can occur for a variety of reasons. Duplicates are often similarly titled and either have the wrong association or no association.