Available Roles and Permissions
The following roles and permission are available for TCU Online users. Standard roles are Professor and Student. If you have additional users who need to be enrolled in your course, please complete the Enroll Additional Users form. Requests for enrollments must come from a Professor in the course.
- Professor – This is a standard instructor role.
- Special Course Admin – Professor role with the ability to change start/end dates in course, add users via file, change user status and drop users from course.
- Guest Lecturer – Professor type role to view entire course (regardless of scheduling/restrictions) and participate and interact with students. Limitations: no editing and no access to grades.
- Guest Viewer – Professor type role to view content and exams only (regardless of scheduling/restrictions). Limitations: no editing, no access to grades, no interacting with students/users, no student work
- TA – Teaching Assistant role is most similiar to Professor role without the ability to Copy/Import/Export content, and also cannot make items available to other org units (Survey, Competencies, etc).
- TA (No Editing) – This role would be allowed to do everything in grades, view dropbox submissions, view quizzes, and awards. Limitations: no editing.
- TA (No Grades) – TA No Grades role has the same rights as TA. Limitations: no access to Grades.
- Student – This is a standard student role.
- Student (PastAccess) – This is a copy of the student role. User can access past course. This would be used for students needing to complete an Incomplete in a course.
- Auditor – A user who is auditing a course and should have student access, and can participate in course activities such as discussions, quiz, dropbox, etc. Limitations: will not see grades or appear in gradebook
- Course Viewer – A user who is a writing assistant, tutor, athletics advisor and should have student access. Limitations: will not see grades or appear in grade book, and no ability to participate or interact.