Add SCORM content to your course
- import, export, and copy courses that include course content and SCORM objects, both SCORM 1.2 and 2004
- view high-level interaction data for their SCORM objects. In the future, more detailed interaction data will be available
- connect SCORM objects with grade items that automatically enter into a grade book, if that functionality is enabled within their instance
- basic search capabilities of an instructor’s own SCORM content
- Static and dynamic linking of SCORM objects, and linking to multiple courses
Learners can play and interact with a course that includes course content and SCORM objects, both SCORM 1.2 and 2004.
Note: Any SCORM objects uploaded prior to March 30, 2017 will not appear in search or have the extended functionality. These items should be re-uploaded to leverage the new features.
Upload/Add a SCORM object to Content
- Go to your course, and select Content.
- Select the module you want to place your SCORM content.
- Select Upload/Create then click New SCORM Object.
- Upload your SCORM object (.zip file) or search/select a previously uploaded SCORM object. In the example below, an Instructor has a few options to add content to their module. Option 1: click Upload to locate a SCORM .zip file from their computer. Option 2: Search or Select a previously uploaded SCORM file. Note: The search and existing SCORM object list will display SCORM uploads they have added from all courses.
- Whether you choose to upload or select a previously uploaded object, a dialog box will display asking if you want a Static or Dynamic object displayed. Choosing “Display this version even if a new version is added” will show a static display of the Object, meaning that this version of the object will always display. Choosing “Always display the latest version” will show a dynamic display of the Object, meaning that if you upload a new version of the content, it will update automatically. Click Save once you have made your selection.
- Click Save again on the confirmation page.
- The new content topic will display with a button to “open in a new window.” click the button to preview your content. Note: When selecting the Content title from the module, the content will automatically open.
- Click through the content. To exit the content and return to the course, close the tab/window. In the example below, a lesson on Golf was added to the course as a SCORM object.