We sent an email on Monday, August 22, 2016 to all students sharing important information. The email sent is pasted below.
Welcome fall 2016 students!
This fall, you will have an online component using either Pearson LearningStudio (eCollege) or TCU’s new Learning Management System, TCU Online. TCU is in the process of transitioning to TCU Online, and some courses will be hosted on this platform. Please find the information below regarding how you will access these platforms and get help.
Access your courses
From my.tcu.edu: Select “LearningStudio/TCU Online” from the quick links panel. Any courses using an online component* will appear in the list. Select “Go to Class” to enter your courses. Note: not all faculty opt to use an online component for their courses so if you have courses missing from the list, it is because the instructor is not using it.
- If your course is using LearningStudio (eCollege), you will be taken directly into the course.
- If your course is using TCU Online, you will be taken to a page to log in once again with your TCU network login credentials (the same you use for my.tcu.edu). Once you are logged in, select your course title from the My Courses area in the center of the page.
If you ever are unable to access my.tcu.edu. You can access the platforms via the following urls:
- LearningStudio (eCollege): http://www.tcuglobal.edu Your username will be your TCU ID number. The default password is the mmdd of your birthday. If you have login issues, click Forgot password? To have a reset link emailed to you.
- TCU Online: http://d2l.tcu.edu Use your TCU network login credentials (the same you use for my.TCU) to log in. Once you are logged in, select your course title from the My Courses area in the center of the page.
- For both platforms, upon log in, you can select the Student Orientation Tutorial from your course list to learn how to use the platform.
- LearningStudio (eCollege) help: [Link no longer available]
- TCU Online Help: http://bit.ly/TCUOnlineSupport
Course Access and Enrollment Questions: Review the questions/answers on this link first if you need help accessing your courses [Link no longer available]
If you continue to have issues, you can email email@example.com, providing your TCU ID number, the course number/section you are trying to access, where you are accessing the course (my.tcu.edu or tcuglobal.edu), and any error message you are seeing (please copy/paste or send a screenshot). More information on getting Help with technical issues can be found on our website: [Link no longer available]
Have a great first week of class!
The Koehler Center for Teaching Excellence team